Don’t Forget Why You Started
I found myself today coming down really hard on myself… I went out and put 8 miles in today…but the first 3 were awful. Not terrible time just felt horrible!! And since I felt horrible today I took some time out to try to get to the heart of the matter.
I think I’ve forgotten why I really started running in the first place.
I love to run because it makes me feel good inside and out. It shouldn’t be to grab a better time than so and so…
- because I’m a mother first and foremost!
- I am not a pro athlete, or elite, or even advanced for that matter
- I’m a believer in the Good Lord who loves and if I’m letting myself become so consumed with running and times and performance than I’m too consumed with myself than I am loving God and His people…
Don’t you just love it when you get that “oh goodness I’ve missed the mark” feeling…
However in the second half of my run today I tuned into my Pandora radio and listened to artists like Mikeschair and TobyMac and decided to pray and run. That’s when I hit my sweet spot and ran up courthouse hill! I will admit though at this point I was more or less yelling inside my head and making awful faces trying to get up that hill….and I did pause at the top to sip on some water…then went on with my bad self. For those of you that don’t know where that is, it’s only the worst hill in town! Well, in my opinion so far anyway.
Here’s a few power verses:
- “Seek first the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33
- “Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:30-31 (one of my personal favorites)
- “I love you, LORD; you are my strength.” Psalm 18:1
- “For the LORD your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and He will give you victory!” Deuteronomy 20:4 (this is a GREAT one to keep in the back of your mind at all times especially when the enemy of your mind tells you, you can’t or you’re pathetic or whatever personal ‘enemy’ you are battling against!)
- “The LORD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.” Psalm 118:14
- “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:8
I could go on with the verses! Just dig into the Word every morning and be encouraged! And be reminded that YOU are loved.
happy running and don’t forget why you’re running in the first place.
Keep it all in right order and perspective.
Healthy mind, body and soul.
15 Nov 2011 / runpinkjess / 0
Categories: Bible Verses