Tips & Tricks Tuesday: BALANCE
Have you ever been in the middle of trying to accomplish a task (ah hem….write up a blog post) when your child(ren) keep interrupting you with something they just have to tell you and you feel yourself getting all bent out of shape and annoyed? This could be a sign that you may be out of balance. Yes, you time is certainly important and a priority in life but so is the rest of your life. The balancing act is not easy!! Especially when you have so much to juggle. i.e.: full-time or part-time job, church, house maintenance, bills, grocery shopping, kid’s homework, runs, laundry, dirty diaper butts (Thank You Lord we made it through that stage!), husband (if you have one of those things) or whatever else you have going on.
Here’s a few tips that help me stay slightly balanced:
• I want to start with GRACE. Give yourself some! We are only human after all! Be kind to yourself and know that balance is not easy and nine times out of ten we all fail at it daily.
• Create a schedule and try to closely follow it. But as life is, be prepared to improvise! Have a plan B, C, D, E, Y, Z …
• Don’t take your work home with you if at all possible. Save that stress for where it belongs: work. Try to give yourself 15 minutes to unwind on the car ride home or lock yourself in the bathroom at home and pray. Or meditate!
• Set your priorities in stone and do not stray. Child’s needs always come before your own.
• Schedule your runs/workouts in like any other important meeting.
• Try to get as much housework done before bed…now you might not be crazy like me, but I can not concentrate with a messy home. I feel if I accomplish the housework I can go on in life to accomplish anything. I know. I’m weird.
• Know when to turn the “gadgets” off! If you can, have a totally “tuned-out” day. No Facebook, Twitter, no TV…nothing! It can be done my friends. And you would be amazed at how much you can get done with all that media free time.
• Yoga…just breathe in and out…
• Tackle one Mountain task at a time.
• There’s always tomorrow. Remember, this too shall pass!
**Here’s some additional links that may encourage you further** 🙂
Mom Vs. Marathon. <~ Really enjoy her blog as a whole!
Happy (&Blessed) Running!
Matthew 6:33 NIV~
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
14 Aug 2012 / runpinkjess / 0
“Sometimes you’re taken into troubled waters not to drown but to be cleansed”. – Author Unknown
Connect on the Run
Tweets on the RunMy Tweets
Follow My Runs on Strava
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
TEAM Beautifully Fit
“beautifully fit: inside & out.”