DuPont 50k Relay!!
Trail racing newbie look…ME!
What have I gotten myself into? A 50k relay to be precise. Not just 50k, but a trail 50k! A friend from high school recently asked if I would step in for her sister’s place to run a relay with her due to the sister not being able to run it with her. So we would each do roughly a 15 mile leg. I’m a little hesitant and way nervous. It’s one thing to run 15.5 miles on the road and another on the trails! But I’m also thinking that since I didn’t get to register for the half in Asheville this will be kinda like doing a half…except longer…and more challenging!
- I’m a gps retard and afraid I will get lost on the trail.
- I’m afraid I will disappoint with a slow time…I’m not so speedy on the trails.
- What if I can’t find my partner on the day of the race or during the trade off?
- What do I wear to a trail run?!
- What do I bring?
- I fear I will be dead last.
- Or just be dead.
So here’s some info on the race:
8 Sep 2012 / runpinkjess / 0
“Let the weakling say I am strong!” – Joel 3:10 NIV
Connect on the Run
Tweets on the RunMy Tweets
Follow My Runs on Strava
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
TEAM Beautifully Fit
“beautifully fit: inside & out.”