Marathon Training: It Ain’t Pretty!
I have decided that marathon training in itself is not a pretty thing. Especially right smack dab in the middle of it. Week 11 and I am toast I tell you. Burnt ugly toast with no jam. But it IS a beautiful thing! I’ve had my highs and lows thus far in the course of training. I’ve seen my body magically transform from flabby to strong. I’ve had runs where I’ve cried and failed. And runs where I’ve smiled from ear to ear. But through it all I’ve learned so much. And one of those things is that it isn’t pretty!
- I sweat. A lot.
- Which in turn causes breakouts. In places I didn’t even think about.
- I’ve gained weight.
- I’ve lost weight.
- Gained some more.
- I’m hungry ALL the time. Just ask my poor co-workers. (I’m now famous, when someone is hungry they say, “I’m pulling a Jessica…I’m huuuuungry!”)
- My house is a disaster area. Most of the time. Who has energy to clean after 6, 10, 15, 18+ miles??
- My skin has been freaking out all over.
- My feet…oh my poor tootsies…let’s not even go there. (think blisters..)
- Everything revolves around training runs.
But the beautiful thing about it is:
- I feel strong.
- I’ve made new friends.
- I’ve learned so many life lessons.
- I’m hungry ALL the time. Thus, I get to eat all the time!
- My kid has learned so much from my training.
- I feel the urge to share the running love with everyone.
- I feel it’s made me a more positive person all around!
- Running provides time to reflect and pray.
And in turn, these things make me FEEL beautiful. Even if I don’t look it after runs. 😉
Oh and I’m loving the support and network of runners out there on social media! I have to give a shout out to the @therunchat for my cool sticker! Can’t wait to slap that bad boy on my truck!
Look what I got in the mail today!
So what else is coming up?? Finally some races!
**What’s your favorite, ugly and beautiful thing about running?**
PS-What do you think about the marathon outfit so far? Pic is kinda fuzzy. Been using the cell…I need a camera. (along with a laptop…I need a money tree!) I’m still undecided on how to carry my gear…do you carry your gear (water bottle, gels etc) on race day?
Marathon outfit! Pink and black … of course!
Happy (&Blessed) Running!
19 Sep 2012 / runpinkjess / 0
“Good thing I didn’t accomplish all my goals yet because then what would I do tomorrow?” -Alexi Pappas, Olympian, and long-distance runner
Connect on the Run
Tweets on the RunMy Tweets
Follow My Runs on Strava
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
TEAM Beautifully Fit
“beautifully fit: inside & out.”