T’n’T Tuesday: Runner’s High…Visibility! Safety Issues.
Listen, I realize that y’all are probably exhausted from reading about the whole safety issue…but it is still a HUGE issue! We recently had a few attempts of an attack here in my neck of the woods. As a runner you can encounter so many different dangerous situations: traffic, attackers, dogs, bears…just to name a few. So I’ve complied all the safety tips I can think of plus some others. I am also really excited to introduce you to an innovative safety product called Tuvizo! More on that later, but first here’s some basic safety notes to consider.
Key safety points:
- Use the buddy system, run with friends!
- safe routes, try to run in well populated areas with lots of lights
- pepper spray
- let someone know time/place, always make someone aware of when, where, and what time you expect to return
- carry a cell phone
- avoid the use of headphones so you can hear traffic and potential attackers or animals, but if you must have your music, keep only one headphone in, tuck the other in your shirt.
- maybe invest in a self-defense class so that in the event you are attacked you’re prepared.
- knuckle lights
- wear bright clothing
- run against traffic so you can easily see oncoming and they can see you
- run during lighter hours if possible and if it’s not then wear reflective gear,
Wear a Tuvizo reflective vest!!
It’s a high visibility, affordable vest that highlights you. And look how cute it is:
The vest is comfortable, adjustable, buckles easy, and does not slip or ride up. For more detailed info check out their video on YouTube HERE.
You can find two color options in pink (yay!) and yellow.
Fit: snug, barely notice it’s on
Price: around the $24.00 mark on Amazon
Overall verdict: I’ve worn this vest a handful of times and really appreciate the added sense of security of being seen. Definitely not a product that gets stuck in the closet to collect dust. You’ll be seeing me!
Where to invest in your safety: currently sold on Amazon
Tuvizo on the social scene:
Links to other great safety tips:
What safety tips do you have to add? Do you wear any reflective gear? Have you heard of Tuvizo? Would you be willing to give it a try? Do you run at night or early morning?
Blessed & Beautiful ( & Safe ) Running.
**Disclosure: I was provided a Tuvizo vest at no charge in exchange for an honest review. No other form of compensation was given. All opinions and thoughts are my own.**
30 Dec 2014 / runpinkjess / 0
The words “I am” are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you’re claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you. – A. L. Kitselman
Connect on the Run
Tweets on the RunMy Tweets
Follow My Runs on Strava
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
TEAM Beautifully Fit
“beautifully fit: inside & out.”