Friday 5 Favorites Run Gear Edition!
But, really at the end of the day, all you really need are a good pair of running shoes. And maybe a shirt and shorts…yeah do please clothe yourself in public.
However, having a few accessories can make the run more enjoyable and/or ‘comfortable’. I wanted to share with y’all a few things I’ve been loving this year.
1. Shoes: Altra One v3 At first wear with this upgrade compared to my Altra ONE2.5 I noticed:
- sturdier sole (translates into longer wear I hope! My biggest fuss with the ONE’s is that they burn out too quickly.)
- shorter laces
- not quite as flexible
- more heel support
I’ll write up a lengthier review later but couldn’t wait to share with y’all the new kicks! Yes, they’re black, white, and boring (less $$ for the uglier colors on Amazon! I could honestly care less about what they look like just so as long as the ride feels good.). So, I nicknamed them Black Beauties on Strava to track the miles. Ha! They will be my 2018 racing shoes. I won’t be adding any many more miles on them until closer to training next year. Or so I say. I may just have to invest in another pair for Christmas…
2. JBL Inspire 500 wireless earbuds I have Yurbuds but no matter the size (even the cute pink ones made especially for women) they tend to fall out when I sweat, cords get in the way, and they cause my inner ear to ache a bit. Introducing JBL buds from Walmart (but they’re cheaper on Amazon.):
- stayed in place!
- not too terribly loud. Could hear surrounding traffic and some noises. Safety first. (Amazon’s review wasn’t a super good one because they complained the sound wasn’t loud enough. But, I see this as a perk for safety.)
- did not hurt my ear canal at all. Never fell off my head! And I’m a heavy sweater!
3. Marmont rain jacket my husband bought this from REI for me this season. I’ve never had a rain jacket. Seriously. I’ve run in the rain but with wind jackets that just leave me soaked to the bone. Why I went so long without proper rain gear I’ll never know…
- zippers under arms to help air body out
- straps to keep rain out
- lightweight, comfortable
4. Nike wide band running shorts either they magically grow with me or they’re sitting lower and lower below the belly! These were the most comfortable running shorts before pregnant and they still remain the most comfortable. So worth the investment! I picked two pairs of from Dick’s sporting goods. I’ve not had to purchase special running shorts yet.
5. Garmin Forerunner 35 I kinda reviewed this watch here and basically I talk about how I can’t believe I’ve ever lived without it. Ha! While becoming a slave to the numbers can be a temptation I love having all.the.data! Without data, one can not measure progress. That and I just feel naked without it now. Even when I dress up all pretty I’m sporting my GPS like it’s the in thing.
Last week’s Friday 5 was all about current favorites from books, food, songs and social. 🙂 Check it out here!
Do you care about the color of your shoe?
What’s your favorite piece of running gear?
13 Oct 2017 / runpinkjess / 2
“Good thing I didn’t accomplish all my goals yet because then what would I do tomorrow?” -Alexi Pappas, Olympian, and long-distance runner
Connect on the Run
Tweets on the RunMy Tweets
Follow My Runs on Strava
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
TEAM Beautifully Fit
“beautifully fit: inside & out.”